Friday, April 16, 2010

He Spoke Through Songs

(All songs by Corrinne May)

We share a bond you and I we belong. We're like coffee and morning trains. You strip my defenses, I catch your pretenses. The same blood runs through our veins. I swore I'd be your lifeline. Made a vow that I'd surround you with love at every milestone. I'll listen when nobody gets you I'm still standing in your corner. Waiting by your door, you don't have to be alone. Just call my name, let me be an answer 'cause it hurts me to see you this way. I wanna ease your pain. Help me understand, let me be your shelter my friend. (Shelter)

This is, as I see it, Jesus' song for me, when all is confusing, when everything doesn't give an answer to my questions - or when everyone's answers just doesn't answer at all. Jeremiah 29:11.

You can be a witness, you can be a prophet, you can make the whole world believe. Break the strongest fortress, change the way the world thinks, you can build a bridge where foes can meet. Hope for the future, shout it, don't whisper dreams are what make them to be. There is hope in every heartbeat. Tiny as it seems you're a beautiful seed. Every hope, every power lies in the heart of a seed that flowers. Intertwined all across the land we're all seeds in the maker's hand. (Beautiful Seed)

What He has in store for me is clear: a nation that needs grace. I am indeed in for an adventure, for a journey beyond what I can imagine it to be, as visions of worshiping people fills my mind. And I am a part of their story, His story. I'm a worker in His Kingdom, a servant of my Master. Through these words, I am redeemed. Acts 1:8

But he saw the twinkling eyes of Jesus, the kindness in His smile. And the boy cried out with the trust of a child he said: "Take my five loaves and two fishes, do with it as you will I surrender. Take my fears and my inhibitions all my burdens, my ambitions. You can use it all to feed them all". But every single tear I cry is a diamond in His hands, and every door that slams in my face, I will offer up in prayer. So I'll give you every breath that I have, oh Lord, you can work miracles, all that you need is my "Amen". (Five loaves and Two Fishes)

There are times when our 'five loaves and two fishes' might not seem enough, but still He wants it and we need to surrender it. The miracles of God we cannot fathom, like what He can still do with us: imperfect and, most of the time, stubborn creatures He made out of love. Ok, Jesus, I'm letting go. Here's my desperate plead, my only Amen.

Losing myself gaining it back again. Forging strength from weakness. All that I am, all that I'm meant to be. Melting in your hand. Break me open, tear me down into pieces. Broken crumbs on the ground. You can mould and shape me in your image, breathe your life, You know I need it. Scars make us stronger for life. Cut away all within me that won't bear fruit. Cut away all within me. (Scars)

There is a comforting sorrow and joy in knowing that you have given everything in complete surrender. Once again, God reminded me that the safest place in the universe is at the center of His will, nowhere else. Things might hurt, fear might set in, but to be assured by Him that all is being taken care of, nothing beats that feeling.

Why do you hide among the nameless and forgotten, why do you walk along these long forsaken roads? Calling to me in the hungry and the homeless, calling me to water your thirst. So I’ll give you my heart and my song in a world where so much is right but so much is wrong. Your love is my beginning and I know it won’t be too long till I see you. I hear you. I love you. (Love Song for Number 1)

My love song for you, Jesus. Take me.

No comments: