Saturday, April 17, 2010

Soap Opera



We are all uniquely made: me, with my weird thoughts and quirks. One of them would be my fascination with water and my childish desire to run through sprinklers and play in the rain. Another would be my attraction (borderline obsession) with anything soap-related. I don't really expect everyone to understand my thing for bathtime, bubblebaths, working up the lather on my hair, doing the laundry, fabric conditioners and liquid bubbles that one can buy for dime a dozen on the streets. Yes, I belong to the bubble-blowing/bubble-popping crowd and I'm endearingly shameless in saying that.

I don't know if there's something about cleaning up oneself or just the feeling of being cleaned that makes it all appealing to me. I remembered during LTI we had this exercise wherein we need to slither our way out of mud. Twice. With barbwires pinching us on the back. It was not a new experience for me, playing on the mud (I got past that mudpie-making phase of my childhood) but there is something oddly familiar with the feeling of dirt and grime in my body and my face. Something normal. As if this is how I really am, dirty and grimy. While cradling my friend in my arms as she cries, while we were both muddy and wet and embracing one another, Jesus was in our minds.

Whether I am dirt-filled, grimy, wounded, bathing or completely cleaned, I just want to bask in that state.


Let me be a seven-year-old again, where my only worry is what i'll get as a Christmas present.

Homemade Bubbles
from Kids Domain Craft Exchange
1/2 (500 ml) cup dishwashing detergent
4-1/2 (4.5 liter) cup water
4 tablespoons (60 ml) glycerin
(available in pharmacies or chemical supply houses)
Measure out the water, detergent, and glycerin into container with a cover and stir gently. The longer you let the mixture set, the larger the bubbles are and the longer they seem to last.





1 comment:

Homo Unius Libri said...

let's blow bubbles in my new room when you get back. ;)