Friday, January 15, 2010

Inspiration in Action

Haitians dig out as damage slows aid
Fears of lawlessness grow amid chaos
Families fear for missing
Networks, texts fuel fundraising
'Catastrophic' situation looms
'God, I can't do this anymore'

Some of the headlines that welcome my mornings. Rare situations where I ask God why, why did these all happen, why them. Circumstances where guilt is familiar, though to help is unrealistic. Prayers are offered, but a twinge of doubt passes through my mind; can I actually help these people in my own terms? But God already told me the answer to that one.

There are a lot of things I have been thinking and praying about these past few days: things like having myself registered in UNV in the future, studying abroad to become a photojournalist, Open Doors, and other weird things like when I would get married and what is the appropriate accident I would like to get involved with where I would be least hurt. It's a haze, my brain. If God thinks that photography, writing or volunteering is where I could be most helpful in His Kingdom, then I surrender. It's out of my hands. I just hope and pray I would be ready once I landed in my destination.

Thank you for journeying with me. =)

(Headlines courtesy of CNN. For UNV website, click here.)

No comments: