Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's She-Love Once Again



Jenny Rockett, 26 (I think)
UN Photojournalist and model.




Amanda Ling, 24
Former Electrico keyboardist.




Sarah Gaugler, 22
Illustrator, designer, tattoo artist, model and vocalist of Turbo Goth.




Dane Gonzales, 25. Boracay Island.
Kite-boarding teacher, kite-cafe owner, firedancer, freelance photographer and writer.


Yeah, I did find the time to compile some pics from the web and research a bit about these beautiful people who, in one way or another, inspire me to follow my dreams. I still have 3 more months to finish in school before The Graduation. Yes, I'm excited and no, I'm not a nursing student like most people think. But most of all, I'm more excited about where God would take me after a few months.

Currently, Haiti was destroyed by this massive earthquake that killed more or less half a million people. After Ondoy here in the Philippines, this news bothered me as well, enough to follow me in my sleep. Questions like "How can I help?" or "What can I do from here?" pops up in my head. UN Peacekeepers flying in Haiti fill up the news, and I have no idea who they are and what they do (aside from, you know, keeping the peace in their own ways) but I want to be one. Olivia dela Rosa, 22 years old from Manila, UN Peacekeeper. I like the sound of that. Or, it must be my Messianic Complex kicking in, I'm not sure. Nevertheless, the search continues..

Olivia Wants To Read: Oh, The Glory Of It All by Sean Wilsey, The Rough Guide to Cult Fiction, and Step-by-step French by Charles Berlitz

Olivia Is Currently Reading: When I Don't Desire God by John Piper and A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

Olivia Just Watched: Crazy/Beautiful and a bit of Veronika Decides to Die and Garden State

Olivia Wants to Watch: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and The Graduate




No comments: