Thursday, November 05, 2009

The Challenge

dil-i-gence

–noun
1. constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken; persistent exertion of body or mind.
2.
Law. the degree of care and caution required by the circumstances of a person.
3.
Obsolete. care; caution.



When I woke up today, I said to myself I don't want to dread going to training anymore. By faith, this continuous feeling of anxiety will stop. In return. I know that I have to do something on my part as well. So this is the challenge I had for myself: no checking of Facebook while working.


Did I last? You bet! Was it hard? Yes it is. But by grace I still stand.


I timed in at 10:12. Usually, the first thing I do is check FB for updates - well, I still did, only for 5 minutes. After that it was officially checking contracts and answering client calls. Stuff that I should have been doing without the distracting powers of the Internet. That was my purpose in that place. It was liberating, really. To know that you are doing the right thing gives you the assurance of peace. To know that I am capable of being controlled is a wonderful feeling. And to know that it is not me who masters my body, my soul, is sufficient for me.

Because I know in the end it is all worth it.



(Photos courtesy of Flickr)

No comments: