Monday, November 23, 2009

Let's See Where This Faith Can Take Me

For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men.
Status: Reiterating 21 Days of No Complaint (1 Pet 2:15)


I have 15 minutes to finish this entry. My mind is blank.

Let me just follow what Facebook has to say everyday:"What's on your mind?". Good question. What is on my mind? Aside from the usual stuff, my mind is foggy. There are still unanswered questions about me, God and everything else in between.

I'm currently reading John Piper's book, "When I Don't desire God" and I still can't get past the "Why I wrote this book" part, not because I don't have the time but because he fully grasps the idea of joy in God that I don't want to miss anything. This book made me examine my desires and my relationship with the God that I know. The question is, does the God I know is the same as his? And to answer this honestly I was brought to tears. In other words, I'm still in the process of letting go. It's freaking HARD!!! why, oh why, OH WHY ME???



Philippians 1:23...my desire is to depart and be with Christ... Psalm 63:1...my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you... Psalm 17:15...when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness...

Exactly my state for the past couple of days.


"We kick ourselves that our cravings for lesser things compete with God as the satisfaction of our souls...This is a godly grief...It is helpful at this point to be reminded that our desires - no matter how small - have been awakened by the spiritual taste we once had of the presence of God. THE STRENGTH OF OUR DESIRE IS NOT THE MEASURE OF THE STRENGTH OF THE FINAL PLEASURE."

No comments: