Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Megafaith

“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4:6)


Honestly, I don't know how to start this entry. Last night I was just reading over my stuff and discovered Open Doors for the first time. A few months ago, I was able to attend Transform SEA rally. To be given that much information is overwhelming, to say the least, because knowing means involvement. You can't NOT be affected by it. After reading their publication (given by Queenie), I know why.


Open Doors. Serving Persecuted Christians Worldwide.


Want to be a part of Open Doors? Here's a good start: Pray for our country.
(Prayer Calendar November-December 2009)
  • Southern Philippines: Sama lay leader Henry (pseudonym) disciples a group of converts in Basilan. Pray for safety in his journeys, for God's anointing whenever he shares the Good News, and for the Spirit's guidance.
  • Southern Philippines: Most of the believers from the Sama tribe are impoverished due to a long history of neglect and oppresion. Praise God the Sama believers who are under Open Doors training are growing and reaping the fruits of their labors.



http://www.flickr.com/photos/deviantmonk/2822520833/


A short note...
Henry Varley, a British revivalist who had befriended the young American in Dublin, recalled that in 1873 Moody asked him to recount words they had spoken in private conversation a year earlier, just before Moody’s return to the United States. Varley provides this account (as recorded in Paul Gericke’s Crucial Experiences in the Life of D.L. Moody):


During the afternoon of the day of conference Mr. Moody asked me to join him in the vestry of the Baptist Church. We were alone, and he recalled the night’s meeting at Willow Park and our converse the following morning.

“Do you remember your words?” he said.

I replied, “I well remember our interview, but I do not recall any special utterance.”

“Don’t you remember saying, ‘Moody, the world has yet to see what God will do with a man fully consecrated to him?’ ”

“Not the actual sentence,” I replied.

“Ah,” said Mr. Moody, “those were the words sent to my soul, through you, from the Living God. As I crossed the wide Atlantic, the boards of the deck of the vessel were engraved with them, and when I reached Chicago, the very paving stones seemed marked with ‘Moody, the world has yet to see what God will do with a man fully consecrated to him.’ Under the power of those words I have come back to England, and I felt that I must not let more time pass until I let you know how God had used your words to my inmost soul.”

(Photos courtesy of Flickr)



No comments: